Friday 1 May 2015

Evaluation - Question 7

Evaluation

7. What have we learnt since our preliminary task?
From when we created our preliminary task a few months ago, I found creating the final piece a lot harder as there was more pressure on us as a group as there was more to film, we had ensure that we got the shots right first time involving the killing and before the killing of the bride as we wouldn't re-film the opening scenes as the dress would have been destroyed by the blood and the eye shadow to create the dead affect on the dress to show the audience that she has been killed. We also has the pressure of making sure that the cut on the neck looked affective and as realistic as possible, while ensuring that the brides makeup remained how it was for her wedding day.

From when we done our preliminary task we learnt many different techniques when filming different shots which helped us select the correct shots for the different scenes. For example, in the scene of the bride being killed we decided to do a close up shot of the killing to avoid seeing the brides face at the time if her death as I didn't know how to have my face as my characters neck was being cut in order for her to suffer a painful death.

We also learnt to plan a lot more before scheduling to film the scenes, we done this by creating a full story board and script which would be used by the characters. This improved the characters performance as they knew what they were saying due to the scrip and the destinations of the shoots due to storyboard. 
We realised the importance of organising our final piece from the prelim task as we found it hard to create our prelim due to the lack of organisation. 




















To help us in planning for the final piece we created different schedules for the different costumes which the characters would need on each day of filming, we also created a filming schedule to show when we was filming and what scenes which we was filming. This is the filming schedule which we used:


Due to us doing the prelim task I was able to notice how hard it was going to be to be able to create the  final piece as I had never done anything like this before and it was a new learning experience for me and I am glad that I participated within the prelim task and the final piece as it has increased my confidence in media which helped for the final piece as in the prelim task I struggled as I did not know what was needed then I done research which would help me and the rest of my group during the filming process and as well as the editing process.  

Over all I enjoyed filming the final piece more than the preliminary task due to the amount we planned for the final piece to avoid anything going wrong within the filming. This helped us out greatly as we was able to film all the scenes which we needed on the set days we chose and all the group bring their costumes in for the filming as we all decided it would be best for us to all bring out costumes and props which was needed for filming the day before so that all the equipment we needed was at the college on the day ready for us and this also avoided one of us forgetting a piece of the equipment which was needed through the filming process. For example if I forgot the white dress on one of the days of filming and I was in the scene we would not of been able to film due to me not having the dress which would of set the group back a day of filming. So to avoid this we ensured that we all brought out costumes and needed props in the day before filming and then if we was able we could leave them at college for the next time we planned to film.


No comments:

Post a Comment